There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Great company

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Sunrise, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only good thing I liked about working there was, the benefits. I had health insurance, life insurance, and a 401K. The bonuses weren't too bad either.

Cons

They weren't willing to work with my schedule. I repeatedly asked to be scheduled during the day because I have to pick up my daughter at school by 6pm. They wouldn't help at all.

8064 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Great experience for my first job!

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier  in  Beaver, UT
    Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Beaver, UT

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits for just an hourly associate.

Cons

Sometimes understaffed at our most busiest times.

Have more cashiers working at the same time to reduce lines.

Do not work here unless you are a desperate COBOL or mainframe programmer.

Current Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst  in  Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You get paid every two weeks.
    -You get to walk around like somebody special telling everyone you work for a massive global company.
    -You get the chance to volunteer for non profits and Walmart pays them for your work. God knows they treat some random charity better than the employees.
    -You get to call yourself a "management employee" which allows you to talk down to lowly hourly employees whenever you are feeling used.
    -You get two weeks vacation per year. Even though you worked an extra 4 months this year, that two weeks still feels nice.
    -After 90 days, you get an employee discount card that saves you 10% on a bunch of items you never would buy such as camping stoves, sewing supplies and lettuce.

Cons

-Management lies to potential employees about the technology they will be using.
    -You will be introduced to and forced to learn 40 year old technology.
    -The bathrooms in David Glass Technology Center are horrific. They have about 50 stalls always full of defecating employees with NO VENTILATION! You have to have the lung capacity of Michael Phelps to use the urinal.
    -The benefits, which are already HORRIBLE, get cut every year as the prices go up 40+%, but remember, you get to work for Walmart.
    -Lots of hours. Be expected to put in 45-60 hours a week with NO compensation other than the privilege of working for Walmart.
    -Working in a massive two-story building with NO WINDOWS.
    -You pay more for a Sam's card than if you walked in off the street. Avoid the "benefits" if you do decide you are desperate enough to work here.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!