There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Never thought I would be with the company for this long.

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Canton, MI
Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Canton, MI

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays better than other retail jobs and far better than unionized companies.

Cons

Seems that only a select few give more than 100% of their effort meaning lots of things don't get done and blame is pointed at overnight associates.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. Great if Walmart is your first job

Former Employee - Fitting Room Associate in Owensboro, KY
    Former Employee - Fitting Room Associate in Owensboro, KY

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thisi s the first job I've ever had, and I obtained quite a bit experience while working there. I met lots of new people and made some good friends.

Cons

The only con I can find about my experience working at Walmart is that you might meet some people you won't get along with, but that's everywhere.

Walmart DC is a great opportunity for someone without a degree. Salary+bonuses+bebfits

Current Employee - Walmart DC Order Filler in New Caney, TX
    Current Employee - Walmart DC Order Filler in New Caney, TX

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+ The pay is unmatched. The orderfiller position is performance driven providing performance bonuses every week in addition to the quarterly bonuses. I now have a bachelor's degree and those jobs are comparable. + There is no ceiling to how much you can get paid. Overtime offered regularly. Co-worker made over 50k with overtime and bonuses. + The schedule. Either 4pm - 4am, 4am - 4pm. Mon-Thurs or Sat - Mon. Great for college or if you prefer longer hours and less days. + The overall culture is positive and if you're willing to travel, there's no better company for promotions. + Job transfers to any DC in the country.

Cons

- The scheduling is non-traditional. Child care could be an issue and also if you're uncomfortable with working on your feet for longer hours. - The most physical job you'll ever work guaranteed! I lift 15-25 tons a day! Not sustainable for years. Chronic injuries very common - Despite there attempts to keep the warehouse safe, injuries and accidents are fairly common as nearly every position has a production quota to meet. Once you clock in, minus breaks the production clock NEVER stops...never. - Some people just cannot do it. I train new hires sometimes and it's just too much pressure for some people.

Advice to Management

As a business major, I understand why they do the things they do. It's all a compromise driven by shareholders' demands. they are all required to be politically correct so no abuse anywhere; I'm content.