Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Good company, but expect to work really hard

Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) Mocksville, NC

ProsGreat benefits, even for part-time associates. Usually great co-workers. My experience with my managers has been, I would say, 75% positive. Wal-Mart is truly a family, and they will always help you out if your family has a personal crisis. (Losing house, major illness, etc.)

ConsCustomers have a high expectancy for you. I would say it's way higher than most other retails. You will get yelled at for things you have no control over. Work load is beyond heavy at some points.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell your associates when they do a good job, and stand behind them. Yes, the customer is sometimes right, but not always. There is nothing worse than telling a customer no because policy says that we absolutely cannot do something and the manager comes right behind you and makes you do it. I feel so belittled when that happens.

Never thought I would be with the company for this long.

Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) Canton, MI

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than a year

Pros: Pays better than other retail jobs and far better than… Cons: Seems that only a select few give more than 100% of their effort… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wal-mart

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Durham, NC

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros: friendly coworkers, a good environment to work if you are… Cons: not much opportunity for growth, but at least its a… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!