There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

It was okay, I'll agree with a lot of people the customers were weird

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in San Bernardino, CA
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The prices, and there were lots of people so a bigger salary.

Cons

The people. There were almost always roblems at the register :(.

Advice to Management

CLean up the store

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Former Employee from Rancho Cucamonga , Ca store.

Former Employee - Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There were some great customers that made it wonderful to go to work. One or two people that were honest managment.

Cons

Well dress customer comes in pays for all merchendise. Takes it to car. Comes back in tells service desk she never got her one item Without A Doubt she did. They still refunded her money for it. Blames cashier . Ended up wishing it was UNION

Advice to Management

ALL MANAGEMENT should be on the same page about things. Stop singleling people out. Make check cashing only at serivce desk and NOT through the checkout lines. No community registors. All managers need to remember at times you will have more than One Person with the same name. Jus because someone that THEY feel MIGHT be a problem with that Same NAME. Doesn't always mean that person is guilty of wrong doings. Ya lose money for the company when your afraid of ofending the customers that exploit the system. Some of the managment need to learn people skills and learn how to be a bet nicer to the employees. I can see more and more why Walmart refuses be part of the Union. Ya can't get away with the way you treat the employees the way you do and you know what I mean. Not a good sign.. So when someone calls to verify employment.. I always wonder what you tell folks. Or does it just depend on if you Really liked that person??

2. It's all about location

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At a Metro store with Regional Zone Pay you make around $40K with incentives to bonus once a year up to 10% of your salary. (Percentages change for store managers and based on size of store). As an assistant on days you normally work a rotating schedule of 3 days on, 3 days off. If you do well on your yearly review you get a small raise. 2-4% of your pay.

Cons

Well the cons are way more than the pros namely work life balance being badly managed. 3 days on and 3 off means for 3 days you dont exist. your first day off you're tired and then you get two days to be a part of your family before you disappear. Overnights is pretty much the same except its 4 and 4. My main concern is respect. I don't get any and neither do the workers. The fact that unions are moving in like vultures does not surprise me and I dont blame the hourly workers for seeking help. I've seen situations where workers speak out and they are snuffed by the power of Walmart. With more money than some small countries, Walmart is a world superpower for sure.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging everything and maybe those under you will develop the skills to do what you want them to without you holding their hand. And show some compassion for humanity. Not everyone lives and breathes Walmart. Some people enjoy living life and don't focus all their energy on their job. For $8 an hour, why would you expect them to?