There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Good place to work at, but had to leave on account of low pay.

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Lindon, UT
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Lindon, UT

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with and getting to meet new people as cashier. Management was very helpful and was able to get full time after a short time. I had a good team at my location.

Cons

Low pay to start and raises are very small.

Advice to Management

Fix the pay grade for employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very Boring and Unorganized Place to Work.

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Phillipsburg, NJ
    Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Phillipsburg, NJ

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not alot of responsibility( could be a con too) easy work chance to work for a huge company good pay for type of job

Cons

lack of management no direction on what to do no employer/ employee relationship boring was placed in departments other than what I applied for.

Advice to Management

Although I understand that I came at a time when the Philipsburg Store was in the process of a move to a much bigger superstore and that things were hectic, I would advise management to be more aware of their employees, especially their new ones. For example, my very first day or second day when I punched in, I had to find someone to tell me what to do. It seemed as if they weren't too clear on who I was and they placed me and another new employee to help out in the Electronics Department, which I had not been hired for. Additionally, in the few weeks that I had worked there I would just be placed in different departments doing very meaningless tasks or walking around finding something to do. I once walked in and a manager asked "who are you?". In conclusion, I do not want to completely bash this company. Perhaps it was just the wrong time for me to work there and/ or the management at this particular store just didn't know what they were doing. However, if this is the case at all Walmart stores then i recommend that this company take a little more time to assign tasks to their fellow employees and take notice of who they hire on.

2. Friendly Atmosphere

Former Employee - Stocker in Zachary, LA
    Former Employee - Stocker in Zachary, LA

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my experience even the people above me treated me equally which is greatly appreciated and hard to come by when you work lower wage jobs. Everyone was really friendly.

Cons

Cant really make your own schedule.

Advice to Management

None really