There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart has personally been a very displeasing work environment.

Current Employee - Producer in Brimfield, OH
Current Employee - Producer in Brimfield, OH

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is fairly easy to get promotions at walmart. It is very easy to get hired in. You gain experience in a work environment. Benefits, Bonuses and SOME paid Holidays.

Cons

I've found that working at Walmart is not only alot more stressful than need be but it is a breeding ground for rumors inappropriate behavior from ALL employees. The two hardest jobs in the store are the least paying jobs. It seems like the higher up you get in the company, the more you make and the less you have to do. Often, managment is too busy on their phones and goofing around with each other and other associates to be bothered with work related problems. You have to work for Walmart for a year before you get healthcare. You have to work for Walmart for 2 years before you get any vacation time.

Advice to Management

Respect your associates more. Interact and help your associates. Get your hands dirty. Don't pick favorites. Don't bring your personal problems to work, come in with a good attitude and treat your associates fairly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good for a beginning job.

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier
    Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours available to work. You can have a schedule that works around things going on in your life. Also, there is the option to advance higher up in position, if that is what you would like to do.

Cons

Communication. I always had trouble figuring out who I needed to go to when I had questions. I would find one person to be told to go to another and another. It was annoying.

2. My experience in Walmart store is daily multitasking,assisting customers needs,overall friendly and helpful.

Current Employee - Bakery Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Bakery Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Walmart is the great benefits they provide like discounts in products, great healthcare, friendly service, and always keep yourself busy in work.

Cons

Some downsides from working there is they offer low pay,and slight roodness .

Advice to Management

I advice you guys to be more organized,hands on and always interested and open to employees opinions and input in their departments.