Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Good company needing to be more receptive to change.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Regional Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Career Opportunities couples with a culture of respect for everyone. Our Sr. Executives are open and do not use their positions to dominate conversattions or strong arm decisions.

Cons

Time - Work Balance, it can be dificult to start change with a good portion of leaders being long term Wal-Mart employees and promoted from within. Your are competing with programs they put in place and consider very good. New comers have a hard time adjusting to it's culture and pushback associated with very tenured associates (employees).

As the company continues to pursue new, fresh outside talent for it's middle management ranks, they need to have more openness to changes and challenges. Get involved with grass roots with middle managers as they are reporting to the old guard and feeling unwelcome at times. Sr. leadership appears to have a letigimate interest in recruiting and retaining outside talent but not so sure Jr. executives are on board.

9992 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Walmart management sucks,........workers are great

Former Employee - Unloader in Show Low, AZ
    Former Employee - Unloader in Show Low, AZ

I worked at Walmart

Pros

The other workers are everyday people who work hard and are not thanked enough for it.

Cons

Upper management are dumber than a door nail, they are not willing to help out when needed and dont communicate with others. They think they are better than others and need to just treat us all equally

get your head out your butt and do some real work. That means you need to stop acting like you are so much better and remember how it was when you where one of us.

good position for new workers

Current Employee - Cashier in Marshall, MN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Marshall, MN

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

The employee discount is a huge benefit to my family as it cuts down on the expenses, and they are a pretty friendly environment. Also, it is one of the better paid cashier positions in my area.

Cons

Unflexible scheduling. Only allowed to change availability in case of major life change. Also you sometimes feel as if you are just someone that can be let go at any time. If you ever are sick and need to call in, you have to call the 800 number to report it and then wait on hold for a long time to actually tell management.

Treat us like we are important to the store and not just an expendable worker.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart