Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Good company needing to be more receptive to change.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Regional Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Career Opportunities couples with a culture of respect for everyone. Our Sr. Executives are open and do not use their positions to dominate conversattions or strong arm decisions.

Cons

Time - Work Balance, it can be dificult to start change with a good portion of leaders being long term Wal-Mart employees and promoted from within. Your are competing with programs they put in place and consider very good. New comers have a hard time adjusting to it's culture and pushback associated with very tenured associates (employees).

As the company continues to pursue new, fresh outside talent for it's middle management ranks, they need to have more openness to changes and challenges. Get involved with grass roots with middle managers as they are reporting to the old guard and feeling unwelcome at times. Sr. leadership appears to have a letigimate interest in recruiting and retaining outside talent but not so sure Jr. executives are on board.

9064 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Wal Mart can be better

Current Employee - Dpt. Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Dpt. Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

To gain work experiance for those that are young and just intering the job market or for anyone that needs just a little extra income. If you like interacting with the public and being helpful it can be great. If you come in with a good attitude and eagerness to show that they did right by hiring you they will notice.

Cons

Tuff place for those that have young families, bad scheduals, not enough hours and low pay. Very hard for most newcomers to get full time. Lack of information of what is going on in the company. Their attitude towards everyone that they can easily be replaced so "like it or leave".

# 1,
    I think they really need to look into how they can change their scheduling. With gas prices being way up why do they have so many coming in for 4 or 5 hrs. 5 days a week? Wouldn't it make more since to bunch their hrs. into fewer days saving the associates money as well as wear and tear on their vehicles?
    # 2,
    Many of us are sickened by the amount of items we see going into the trash, most of which can be donated. Going Green?... LOL We don't understand why Wal Mart won't find a way to keep it out of our landfills when there are so many people that can really use the items. We have been told that the main reason is because they don't want people returning the items for cash. We don't get it and are totally discusted with what we witness every day. Shame on Wal Mart!

A good job if you need a side job.

Former Employee - Cashier in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Walmart

Pros

You can transfer if there are openings. You get paid vacations once a year. You get profit sharing at the end of the year. You can talk with customers. It's a great job if you need a part time job.

Cons

The money isn't enough to support a family. You do a lot of work for a little money. If you are a cashier you are sent all over the store to do different jobs. One day I was cashiering, then courtesy desk, then garden center, then TLE, then pushing carts, then to foods, then apparel. It's nice to have change every now and then but not everyday. You would work 40 hours a week and have no money come payday. It really sucks when they make you work an extra 3 hours and then the next day make you take a 3 hour lunch instead of sending you home or letting you keep the money you worked for.

It isn't fair that you have one job title but you have to do so many jobs, yet our income is at poverty level.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart