Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Customer Service/Company Performance

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEstablished Walmart culture from founder Sam Walton. No employees, everyone is considered an associate owner. All are taught to take pride and ownership in your company, store and the position you perform. Run the store and treat the customer as your own.

ConsNot enough re-investing in founding culture and current associates. Our large company is under extreme pressure to please all share holders with good performance. Unfortunately the biggest cuts come from the biggest expense causing the biggest problem. Cut staff to control expenses-creates poor customer service and sales and profits drop. Bad formula!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates more like Sam did and understand their frustrations to alleviate poor performance. Stop store level labor cuts (expenses/costs) at expense of customers service thus thwarting superior customer service!

Pretty good

Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

I worked at Walmart for more than 10 years

Pros: Plenty of flexibility for family Cons: Goals are at times unreasonable and unachievable Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the associates, ultimately the shareholders will get what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Job

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Hodgkins, IL

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good job. Easy work. Work around life issues. Cons: Sometimes work with bad people Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your senior employes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!