There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Assistant Manager - Fresh Foods

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is great, because it allows us to put our son in daycare. The 3 on/3 off rotation is great because it give me more time at home.

Cons

Walmart, as good as it may seem initially, is a very stressful company to work for. Especially for AMs and Co-Managers, the expectations are so much higher and in my instance, there is a serious lack of communication between store/co-management and myself. There have been a couple instances where a co has told associates in my area to do something and not even tell me about it. In addition, Walmart also seems not to care about whether you have a family or not; it's all about their "bottom line".

Communicate with every member of management on a more consistent basis. Also, try to understand where others are coming from and show a little more caring about family life, rather than just say Walmart has a better "work-life balance".

8536 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Terrible management

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

They can be flexible on hours, the pay is is good.

Cons

Bad management, I see them mostly standing around and talk. I see very few of them actually doing work. They can be rude to the employees which is very bad for moral. There are a few of them who do work and are nice, but most of them are not. Also they are inefficient and no one takes responsibly for mistakes, which is annoying, when the scheduling is messed up all the time.

Trying working, please and thank you goes a long way, and try smiling.

Great in one, horrible the second.

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ok wages and benefits. Nice people to work with.

Cons

First store In the 4 1/2 yrs I was there, none to think of.
    Second store: Understaffed, extremely poor management, management looked down on workers. unwilling to work with scheduling for overnights, unwilling to take suggestions, poor work conditions, no overtime pay. If one stayed later than scheduled, time would be shaved. Absences on unfair point system. Review below based on 2nd store only and not as a whole.

Second store: Lighten up. Work with associates scheduling better.Hire people if necessary as not to overload the existing ones to the point of exhaustion. Sensitivity training a must. Don't make work a horrible experience. Don't LIE to associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart