There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

If you're a good worker, you'll do well at Wal*Mart

Current Employee - Hardlines Zone Merchandise Supervisor
Current Employee - Hardlines Zone Merchandise Supervisor

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Job Security. Every day is different

Cons

Poor hours starting, mostly part-time starting. I've had about 50/50 experience with good management and poor management

Take more stock in your employees. Don't coddle the bottom line by shaving hours and benefits from the hourly associates. They're your #1 resource.

8064 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Bottom of the barrel..

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Amherst, NH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Amherst, NH

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's almost impossible to NOT get hired at Wal-Mart, and the fact that you have your schedule three weeks out.

Cons

Where do I begin? The customers for one, I know that the company really doesn't have much control about that, but the kind of people that show up at the particular store I worked at were just disgusting, rude, and nasty. The training is minimal and evasive at best, besides the monotonous modules you have to sit through for hours on end that are severely outdated. For example, training modules that teach you how to use a register system that isn't even in the store you work in. The orientation just kind of makes you feel like you're not important to the company, only the customer, and what the customer thinks matters. This isn't true. Your employees are your most important asset! Happy employees = good business. The management is just rude and has a severe superiority complex. The reason I gave it such a bad review is because I was a Christmas temp, I've done it twice in consecutive years just for some extra holiday money. I understand completely that I may only be signing up for 30 days of employment, but I hadn't even finished the training modules the second time before they let everyone go! One week into employment! That's just crazy.

Update your training curriculum. Stop over-hiring, and then cutting people because you're too lazy to determine how many people you actually need for a position! Train your employees better, and learn to do proper inventory!

Everyone hates this place

Former Employee - Wireless Sales  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to where bluejeans to work when your store goes 60 days accident free!

Cons

The list is really long but here is a small excerpt:

1. Management is a joke - they are very stupid. The co-manager at my store didn't know what the word "economics" meant. She hadn't ever heard the word before
    2. Corporate is deathly afraid of "the underlings" unionizing. If you even say the word union you could get fired
    3. Because every one hates the place, when you are a sales associate and consequently the face of the company to the public - everyone hates you. Literally they do. Everyone assumes you are a bad person so you start off on a bad note with all the customers.
    4. No room for advancement and once you get a degree everyone is scared of you.
    5. Hours are a pain. Sometimes you'll get scheduled till 1 a.m. then they'll want you to come back at seven a.m.
    6. Definitely not worth the compensation of $9 an hour.

There is a reason the place is scared of unionizing. Pay is alright if you can get in at corporate but you will never be able to do that starting at the store level.

Sorry I got nothing...
    You all know exactly what you are doing and that is exploiting cheep labor across the board.
    The only advice I can think of is for you to consider the impact you're having on society.

Think "do I want my kids growing up in a world were all the companies are like this"

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!