Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Consistent schedule and decent health plan sometimes do not make up for little room for advancement before 5 years.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Sanford, FL

ProsIt's a simple hiring process and rehiring process. Decent benefits, even for part time (80/20 health care plan, 401k, stock contribution). HR is easy to access directly. Entry level jobs are simple and easy to pick up. It's a chance to practice good customer service skills. occasional quarterly bonus for sales.

ConsA good work ethic, courteous manner, and respect for customers and coworkers doesn't go as far as the ability to work off the clock to finish unrealistic deadlines for tasks that were under manned from the beginning. Very , very little accountability for those under management, management can sometimes have infighting , pull people away from tasks to start on others leaving many half finished. Sink or swim mentality for cashiers and some sales associate positions. Training is almost non-existent , occasional power point slides and 10 question tests will not produce a capable work force, on the job cross training is encouraged, but no mechanism to do it. Short staffing and micromanaging of minutes worth of overtime is very common.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow up with training, provide some accountability to each individual's tasks, and do not blame the low-level manager for the minutia created by the collective actions and mistakes three separate shifts. I understand these stores employ around 350 people, but maintaining the status quo by only training new hires enough to cover legal issues isn't a sustainable business model.

Media does us wrong

Co-Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Strong, morals, and ethical culture. The family atmosphere One of a few companies that offers benefits to part… Cons: Starting pay for the associates Hard to hire people who really care about… Advice to Senior Management: Have to be more aggressive with starting pay, to get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Walmart Connection Center Associate

Connection Center Technician (Former Employee) Joplin, MO

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Better pay rate than other departments in the store. Vendor… Cons: Too many long term employees who have grown complacent in… Advice to Senior Management: GSM's should be rotated through the departments in the way that Assistant Managers currently are. This… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!