Walmart
2.9 of 5 6,395 reviews
corporate.walmart.com Bentonville, AR 5000+ Employees

Easy Advancement, Little Wages

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAdvancement - I've been with the company for 3 years and I've got 2 promotions. It's a huge company with a lot of opportunities available nationally and internationally. Also, fun fact, both my store and market manager started with the company as a cart pusher and spent a decade moving up to where they are today. Now, they're making 6 digits with bonus up to 110% of their salary.

Culture - Sam Walton, found of Walmart, truly believe in 3 values; strive for excellence, respect for the individual, and service to our customers. The company culture is amazing and family oriented (however, it varies upon store).

Customers - I love them (despite the bad ones).

ConsWage - If you're not salaried, you're overworked or underpaid.

Holidays - The only day you'll ever see Walmart closed is on Christmas day. Therefore, expect to work all holidays. Also, holiday pay is eligible for qualifying associates on the following dates (New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas).

Hours - Expect to work weekends and stay long hours (up to 12 hour shifts). Also, it's a rotation schedule (varies upon store).

Advice to Senior ManagementWage - Increase wage or yearly incentives

Holiday - Consider closing earlier or allowing market/region make the vote for their store or area?

Appreciate - Sam Walton truly believe the "Respect for the Individual", and I believe we don't thank our associates enough (ex. cashiers, maintenance, cart pushed, and etc.). They are the little ones who made the manager's job easier and thanking or acknowledging goes a long way.

Photo lab technician

I have been working at Walmart

Pros: Easy going job lots of experience Cons: short staff during holidays, can get really busy sometimes More

Customer Service Supervisor

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee)
Lonoke, AR

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Decent benefits if employed full time, work around schedules, friendly… Cons: Pay could be much better. Not enough employees to cover… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees, show that you appreciate them and the work that they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walmart CEO Doug McMillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees.