Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Sales associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not much very boring to say the least

Cons

Whew too much goin on

Gluck

10023 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

byword of company is cheap - in everything they do. Overworked, under paid and understaffed

Current Employee - Overnight Cashier in Huntley, IL
    Current Employee - Overnight Cashier in Huntley, IL

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The night shift crew are mostly hard workers, team players and good people to work with
    $1.50 / hour bonus for working 3rd shift
    Good company if you're a slacker - job performance doesn't as you'll never get fired unless you commit gross misconduct or break clear rules.

Cons

Business ONLY hires part time, yet demands FT availability and commitment.
    Very poor communication between management and staff, and esp between shifts
    Very slow to promote if at all, doesn't reward hard workers over slackers by giving better/more hours, FT, promotion or better raises.
    management keep their bonus' and numbers up by cutting hours and very basic costs. Our 'paid holiday's' are always balanced by shorting everyone 4- 8 hours the following week. Same with our 'My share' quarterly incentives. they always find a way to balance the books back to under budget.
    Often have to work without basic supplies being replenished - like floor soap, paper towels, shopping bags, replacement displays, etc.
    Corporate come up with ideas that aren't practical in real-life situations - they are out of touch with working a retail sales floor. They concentrate too much on reports and figures, stressing speed on paper over true efficiency by doing a job completely and correctly. this pushes staff to plug product on shelves, leave messes behind, skip necessary steps, sign off on MODS, inventory and reports when they haven't really been done, because someone above is pressuring them to do it FAST rather than RIGHT. more work in the long run.

EVERY one needs to work EVERY shift a few times a year anonymously at another store to keep in touch with reality. It's obvious most upper level and corp people have no idea what it's like to work the floor.
    Stop thinking like paper shufflers and think like a customer/ clerk. None of us will have jobs unless we make the customers happy and keep them spending $.
    Open up more FT opportunities, pay increases and incentives/ rewards to encourage the hard workers to stay. We've lost many really good, conscientious workers because they are treated no differently than the dead weight slackers.

Great job. Great manager.

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Coos Bay, OR
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Coos Bay, OR

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I loved the team I worked with, they were great people and I just wish I could've spent more time working there. I liked the position and the atmosphere.

Cons

The hours were late, and I had to commute. The pay could've been better and there was no opportunity for more hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart