Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Best place to work if you want to take advantage of advancement opportunities!

Pros

Out of all the places I've worked in my life Walmart has been the best place by far when it comes to opportunities to advance. I started out as an unloader and under two years I made my way to a salary management position. At the time I had no degree and I was in my early twenties. I started out making more then some of my friends I knew who had already graduated college with bachelor degrees.

Cons

Being that Walmart is a retail business, your hours and days will always suck. Sorry I can t put it any better. Walmart closes ONE day a year and that's on Christmas. Every other holiday you can expect to be at work. The work/life balance may be the worst out of all the jobs I've had.

Remember that you weren't always a manager. It's that simple.

Other reviews for Walmart

Ok place to get some job experience

Former Employee - Cart Associate  in  Bluefield, VA
    Former Employee - Cart Associate in Bluefield, VA

Pros

Nice people to work with although it is a bit like high school gossiping wise.

Cons

Pay is terrible, no benefits. Probably wouldn't work there again unless I had no other choice

Raise wages

Great place if you don't want to make a career of it.

Current Employee - Photo Specialist  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Rochester, NY

Pros

Breaks are taken seriously. Starting wage is always above the minimum wage. You always have customers. You receive a raise every year. Willing to provide work for college students and hold their position open when they are away. Overall an extremely great place to work if you are not seeking to make a career of it.

Cons

Way too many managers. Everything is done by store policy and changes to daily routines only come from upper management. Limited career advancement, unless you're really into retail (very difficult to get a job with home office or in the corporate sector). Finger pointing runs rampant if anything goes wrong since taking responsibility most often equates to losing your job (applies to all positions below store manager). Absolutely no backbone in regards to standing up against rude customers (you could return a package of used diapers without a receipt if you complain the right amount).

Appreciate your employees more and your customers just slightly less.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!