Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

My Time At Walmart

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Macomb, IL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Macomb, IL

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very accommodating with scheduling and family obligations. Let you switch shifts with fellow employees. Let you work in another department when they were cutting hours so that an employee could pick up extra hours

Cons

Too many managers all calling the shots, constantly pulled in twenty different directions because they all wanted something different done right then and there. One manager would ask me to fill and end-cap with a specific product, then half way through with that task another manager would come by asking who told you to do that? Then would say I wanted this to go on there, you need to change it, once again, no communication, wasting time and aggravating employees.

Communicate with each other, saves a lot of time and you won't frustrate your employees as much.

9986 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Wally world ISD

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

career opportunities, yearly bonus, stable work environment, stock incentive

Cons

bureaucracy, dead weight, how long it take so get 3 weeks vacation, health plan is not great but ok, 45 hour work week

ability to get changes to applications quicker, cut the dead weight, give 3 weeks at 5 years like every other company and go back to a 40 hour work week.

Loved it in the beginning, 11 yrs later, the company is lucky to have me!

Current Employee - Pharmacy Sales Associate in Daphne, AL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Sales Associate in Daphne, AL

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

MyShare bonus is awesome if we meet the requirement.

Cons

Insurance is expensive for even just one person. Some managers do not have the people skills to contribute to their "so called" job title. It pays to know someone in upper management to get a head in the store. Part-time positions are overrated. Why work us to death and expect us to excel if you aren't going to reward us with a full time position?? This does not make us want to succeed within the company. Wal-Mart used to be like this.

We have policies, don't let the customers run all over you when the associate is doing what he or she is suppose to! I've had plenty of managers come back after stating the policy to the customer and the manager makes me feel like I'm stupid.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart