Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Open leadership & rewarding work environment

Current Employee - Senior Continuous Improvement Analyst in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Senior Continuous Improvement Analyst in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

* Professional working environment
* Excellent on-boarding experience... great orientation program
* Competitive Salary for experienced professionals, with stock options & great bonus package!
* Excellent comitted co-workers
* Reward & recognition
* Opportunity for growth
* True servent leadership by senior leaders
* Great opportunity to mentor, share knowledge with others & learn

Cons

* Complicated legacy processes that are hard to change
* Lack of specilized talent that has most current knowledge of the areas that they are hired for
* Need more emphasis on operational excellence... rather than sheer growth

* Become the face of change
* Challenge the usual ways of doing things & appreciate/celebrate/support employees that think outside the box
* Be open to looking at the big picture & emphasize system based solutions that allow employee empowerment rather than accepting band-aid solutions

8783 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

What you put into it, you will get out of it!!!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Assistants work a 3 day on, 3 day off schedule, nice to have three days off in a row. The people, most associates are hard working and want to do a good job---they just need good leadership and development. Health insurance started the first day of employment with salaried management, bonus is 5% of salary, room for advancement. 15% stock match, 401k.

Cons

Same thing that is great about three days off---the flip side is working three 12 hour days in a row. Too much to do and a constant change in direction at the store level is very frustrating, staffing the store and to be quite honest--doing job offers to new hourly associates at a very low wage. It's very embarssing. The inventory process is tedious and too many steps to get the product to the floor.

Pay the hourly employees a higher wage to start, offer health insurance to part-time employees. Reward good customer service with a gift card, t-shirt, some small reconition. Pay inventory associates and unloaders based on their production--give them a small bonus for meeting goals each day to be paid monthly. This would increase morale tremendously.

To many Chiefs not enough Indians

Former Employee - Service Technician in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The family feeling between associates
    Job security
    Easy to transfer within your store

Cons

Too many levels of management
    Managers are never on the same page
    While raises can be decent, starting pay is usually minimum wage.

Get on the same page! Nothing was worse than me getting in trouble for doing what one manager says, and the other manager not wanting it done that way.In my department I had 7 managers over me and 8 actual associates. There is no need for that many levels of management. While I am happy they promote people to management you end up with more people standing around telling you what to do than workers there are to do that request. We could really do with just 2 or 3 managers per department. When I quit there was a manager inside, a support manager for her, a manager outside, a support manager for him, a zone manager and department manager. It just ends up being to confusing for the associates to follow all of them, one would want you to do one thing, then the other would want you inside to work, then the zone manager would come buy and need you in the back to help ect. ect. You ended up getting in trouble for not helping the one you didn't choose to help.

Other than that, I really enjoyed my time at Walmart. The people are awesome, I made lifelong friends there and I'm not saying any of the managers are bad people and they are just doing what they are told as well. I'm just questioning the actual structure of the management

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart