Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

One of my favorite jobs...

Former Employee - Stocker in Jefferson City, MO
Former Employee - Stocker in Jefferson City, MO

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked nights as a stocker. During my time here, I was trained to drive a forklift and became responsible for unloading trucks. I loved my managers and coworkers.

Cons

Advancement seems to be based more upon who has been there the longest, and not based on aptitude. I was competing for a promotion who a man who did not even want the job. He just happened to have 5 years seniority on me. He ended up being demoted after 6 months.

Nurture your employees. Give them the tools to improve themselves and advance, instead of being afraid that they will threaten your own job. Managers are supposed to nurture and help their subordinates become the best employees they can be.

9025 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Can't say this about most jobs I've had ,but I really liked my position as a cashier at Walmart.

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Norristown, PA
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Norristown, PA

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees I worked with were very helpful when I or a customer needed assistance. Great attitudes offer opportunity for advancement to those who show promise everyone looks out for each other starting pay not bad either

Cons

your work schedule / hours vary will be different every two weeks hard if something pops up and you need off you have to juggle your days with other associates to arrange time off

Take into consideration those who rely on Public Transportation to get to work the bus driver is in one in charge of the time you get to work

Wally World

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Bowling Green, OH
    Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Bowling Green, OH

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible, pay isn't that bad

Cons

they don't promote the good employees

start caring about your workers and treat as if they weren't just a number to you.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart