Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Profit over people

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was paid, it is hard to think of anything else. If you can turn a blind eye to the plight of the vast majority of people who work there you will be okay.

Cons

Employees are not valued - referred to as 'bodies' by management. Hours are long. No work/life balance. You are expected to work way longer than your so called regular hours. The quality of management around me was dire.

Pay shareholders less and workers more.

9065 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Not what everybody said it was.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jasper, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jasper, AL

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible shifts if in school. Given days off if requested most of the time. Bonuses.

Cons

Pay. Benefits.hours. denied OT. policy maker (upper management makes up policy mostly co mangers)

Everybody has to be on track. Honestly they need to get rid of some managment to many chiefs not enough Indians. Honestly get up and work for you 5-20K bonus every quarter. Thats all management cares about is money. Associates get treated like peasants and beg for hours. Oh another thing by Law you can not make someone take time off for OT. Federal Law. By telling us to take it off on our lunch. Even if its 32 hours and work 33 im told to take it off. I worked hard for this company and get nothing in return.
    this company doesnt have value or class and respect for its associates like it use to.

Management at their retail stores is NOT for everyone

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are a day shift manager or assistant manager, you work for 3 days, and you get 3 days off. You get a 10 percent discount off of most items in the store. For nights, you work 4 days on, and 4 days off.

Cons

For the above positions, you will work minimum 12 hour days, and sometimes you will have to come on your days off.

My advice to management would be to create programs that are more structured so that associates, and management can have a better understanding and ability to deal with the day to day tasks of working for and being at Walmart.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart