Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Fun but Overworked

Current Employee - Zone Merchandising Supervisor in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Zone Merchandising Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's very easy to move up in Walmart. It's a fun atmosphere and you get to meet a lot of great people

Cons

The managers at Walmart are skilled in manipulating the system and the associate. If you don't help them with little special projects, outside of what you are regularly told to do, they find ways to pay you back. If they ask you to go overnight for a few nights to help with a reset or something and you say you can't because of transportation, childcare, etc., then they next time you need a specific day off, they will remember that you didn't work overnight for them and deny it. Benefits are horrible and if you are not in management the pay sucks (usually minimum wage for non-manager associates). If you are in management, you can kiss your personal/home life goodbye. Walmart does not care that you have family. For five years I lost out on my children's life...school activities, social time with them...I regret ever getting into management at Walmart.

From one manager to another, be fair and consistent across the board.

9498 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

uhh

I worked at Walmart

Pros

you get a employee discount

Cons

low pay really sucks to be there

Interviewer for Wal-Mart Store

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wal-Mart us a good company to work for in the long haul. Benefits and profit sharing if you hang in and work yourself up to a full time position.

Cons

The only downside to working at Wal-Mart is the hours. In retail you have to be there when the customer wants to shop. That means you will work nights, weekends and holidays. That is Retail. That is how it is.

Please remember to think of your associates as people, with families, with feelings, with problems, with bills to pay. We may all not be as important but it takes all the little people to make the store. Without these little people you can not run the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart