It's a job if you need one

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

It's non-union, there's a paycheck, and if you get in good with management, you may get into the program.

Cons

If you are anything under management, you are under appreciated and worked to death. Especially if a college student.

Other Reviews for Walmart

Fun but Overworked

Current Employee - Zone Merchandising Supervisor  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Zone Merchandising Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's very easy to move up in Walmart. It's a fun atmosphere and you get to meet a lot of great people

Cons

The managers at Walmart are skilled in manipulating the system and the associate. If you don't help them with little special projects, outside of what you are regularly told to do, they find ways to pay you back. If they ask you to go overnight for a few nights to help with a reset or something and you say you can't because of transportation, childcare, etc., then they next time you need a specific day off, they will remember that you didn't work overnight for them and deny it. Benefits are horrible and if you are not in management the pay sucks (usually minimum wage for non-manager associates). If you are in management, you can kiss your personal/home life goodbye. Walmart does not care that you have family. For five years I lost out on my children's life...school activities, social time with them...I regret ever getting into management at Walmart.

From one manager to another, be fair and consistent across the board.

uhh

I worked at Walmart

Pros

you get a employee discount

Cons

low pay really sucks to be there

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!