There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

It's a job if you need one

Pros

It's non-union, there's a paycheck, and if you get in good with management, you may get into the program.

Cons

If you are anything under management, you are under appreciated and worked to death. Especially if a college student.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. Awful, the worst, the dregs of retail

Former Employee - Inventory Management Associate/Unloader in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Inventory Management Associate/Unloader in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our lunch breaks were an hour long, the building was mostly air conditioned, and my workplace was close to where I lived.

Cons

Too many to list. Main problems were lack of reasonable pay, ridiculous work hours, expected to do the job of four by yourself or face punishment, and blatant abandonment of rules and regulations within the store, regarding Walmart's own policy and OSHA policies.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate efficiently with employees, and don't treat the people below you like sub-human troglodytes.

2. Sinking Ship

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of one pro to work for walmart. That is the sad thing.

Cons

Group think and over micromanaging. Micromanaging to the point of it being almost bullying. Also to even get a promotion requires politics. Doesn't matter if your college educated and a hard worker.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and focus on your store and the people. Less worrying about hitting numbers to achieve a giant bonus.