Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Lot's of opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Get to meet and work with new people, helping customers with their needs, good benefits for the whole family

Cons

Work long hours, only get bonuses when the store does well, very hard to get a raise once you go salary

9068 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Dissappointing to say the least

Former Employee - Receiving in Lynn Haven, FL
    Former Employee - Receiving in Lynn Haven, FL

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

That its a job and some people are there are friendly

Cons

Too much if a workload, management is terrible and lazy, they dont listen to the associates and they ripping walmart apart with the lack of concern or care fir the staff, they all talk about the associates and only promote those whobare willing to kiss someones behind to get to where they are. They expect way to much out of the low paid emoloyees while they sit on their ass looking down in everyone else

Get off your tush and actually work and stoo with the high school drama

I would not recommend working at Walmart

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The interview/orientation process is easy, and it helped make me more comfortable and less nervous about starting a new job. The cash registers in the electronics section of the store are touch screen, and they are a lot easier to use than the older registers. They make it easy to tranfer around to different sections in the store once you work there.

Cons

They like to start people off as "temporary" meaning they can let you go after 6 months if they feel you're unfit for the position. Because it's a large store things get very hectic. Walmart was very unorganized about handling it, mostly because they're understaffed much of the time. I was hired to work in electronics, but I was often running back and forth handling the electronics section and the toy section at the same time without any help. It was extremely stressful for how little they pay their employees. I also found it to be a very unprofessional work environment due to the apathy of supervisors towards company policies.

I think this company needs to motivate its lower level employees by providing wages that people can live on. It also might be good for store inspections to be random instead of scheduled because my managers only cared if the store was running smoothly when they knew they were being checked up on.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart