Great Company with Good Advancement Opportunities.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advancement Opportunities, if you work hard and maintain a positive attitude their is not limit to how high up you can go. They will train you for everything you need to succeed. Stability of being with the largest retailer in the world.

Cons

Having to work on the Major holidays is difficult, however I knew this was part of the job when I signed on.

Always remember your roots.

Other Reviews for Walmart

Wal-mart is overall a great company to work for. THe internal politics get in the way

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- If you get a salary job then you are set and as long as you don't do anything stupid you wont get fired even if you do a bad job.
    - Great to have a resume
    - They help out the community one big one is "children miracle network"
    - Many chances to move up if you work for it

Cons

- If you are salary you must work a minimum of 45 hours a week.
    - Pay is little compared to other major companies
    - Little Vacation time here it is as 1 week year one, 2 weeks year two, 3 weeks after seven years and 4 weeks after 15 years of service.
    - They try to tell you that the Incentive is part of your base salary to make your overall pay look higher. Incentive (profit sharing) is not guaranteed income. At best you will get 60% to 80% of what they tell you.
    - Walmart is a Everyday low price so they cut back on a lot of thing to save money so supplies and other tools can be hard to get.
    - Integrity is a big thing at Walmart but yet lots of people have integrity issues and management looks the other way even if you have proof and open door about the issue. The only time that management reacts is if you steal or if they want to find a reason to let you go. I have never seen a salary associate get fired over performance issues in the last 10 years.

Fire people that are dead weight to the company, do not just say you care about the employees show that you care with your actions and promotions. If you have issues with an associate tell them so that the associate has a chance to correct the issue at hand do not wait for evals.

First job and surely the worst.

Former Employee - Fabrics, Customer Service, Money Center, Electronics, Wireless, CSM  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Fabrics, Customer Service, Money Center, Electronics, Wireless, CSM in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about the job is the co-workers. Obviously you aren't going to like everybody, but if you get a department thta suits you, generally youll like the crew you're with. I was in electronics and it was an awesome group of people.

Cons

Management and customers. If those two things weren't there, it would have been a great job, but management is always breathing down your back being hypocritical (get off your phone! ....as they have their phone in hand texting) and making you do a job that isn't yours, while you get yelled at for something else that isn't done that somebody else was supposed to do...you get the picture. And THE CUSTOMERS! OMFG. I've never had to endure such harassment and still have to SMILE AT THEM. They want nothing more than to squeeze as much money out of the company and possible, and I wouldn't care except it doesn't hurt the big CEO's and such, but it hurts the little guys Christmas bonus that doesn't make up for the already shi**y pay. And I had one lady who only wanted to brag about how awesome she was because she was a teacher and had a bachelors degree and to tell me how horrible I was because I was still working at walmart (and are you going to do THIS for the rest of your life?) No joke, not exaggerating. The same lady did it to multiple employees, not just me. It was awful. There's more, so much more, but that should be enough to give you and idea. Don't get me wrong, if you need a job apply and get in. You can move up quickly through the ranks (went from fabrics associate, level 3, to Customer Service Manager, level 6 in just 4 1/2 months). As long as you can put up with major bu****it, its a consistent paying job.

Lay off of the little guys, its not their fault there are only two people running a department that needs a minimum of five people. Say thank you. If you ask for some special task to be done, then it cant hurt and it only takes a second. Seriously, it matters. And for gods sake please back us up in front of customers. If we're following policy and you come and act like you're holier than thou and make us look stupid in front of a customer, we're very likely to walk out and take a half hour break. Its a shitty thing to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!