Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Wal-Mart is definitely changing, and not for the better...

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier  in  Dunkirk, MD
Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Dunkirk, MD

Pros

Decent pay (only) compared to other department stores like Kmart; Hour long lunch breaks

Cons

Irregular, shifting schedules; Communication and neglect by management when you have a problem; Pay in general (In 2009, I started at 9.00/hr with over 2 years experience. I left in Jan 2012 at 9.80/hr. I just got re-hired in Oct 2013 at 8.90/hr (now base pay). They no longer consider experience or education and just upped the minimum starting pay in general. Great for no experience, but not fair to those who have worked to earned a status!)

Other reviews for Walmart

Ok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Pros

Always busy, It's a job. I've made good friends with many of my other employees.

Cons

Hard to go from part-time to full-time but I heard that's changing with Obamacare. Health insurance isn't that great. Big turn over rate.

They play favorites...if they like you, they'll do anything for you. If they don't like you, you're screwed.

The only raise you will get is if you work on ladders or lifts.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tappahannock, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tappahannock, VA

Pros

If all you need is a self esteem boost and some work experience, Walmart is the place for you. Also, management is cool. Seeing that the rehiring cycle is 3 months, they let me use them as work reference.

Cons

If you make the mistake of setting your work pref from 2 pm to 11 pm, you will get stuck no that shift,even though you put in anytime for other days. Sometimes, management can be a douche. You try to call management over for a customer, they take longer than 15 minutes to an hour. They think you are being insubordinate, they will be there on a drop of a dime.

If you don't want to pay for overtime, then stop making crappy schedules. Also, hire more permanent employees than just temps. You are not helping associates who have to pick up the slack from your mistakes.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!