Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

My beloved Walmart

Current Employee - Overnigth Stocker in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Overnigth Stocker in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay you fair money & benefits.

Cons

Don't pay extra hours. I want my money.

You guy's need to be more active with the regular employ, be that I mean work hand to hand so we can fill all the shelves at the end of the night. and improve sales.

9030 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Okay but not for the long haul

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cashiers, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cashiers, NC

I have been working at Walmart part-time

Pros

You will get to work with some great people, and some of the customers are pretty nice. And you get discounts on merchandise when you shop there.

Cons

Management are some timing if you know what I mean. Plus it's hard to get a day off when you request it. I have requested days off way in advance and didn't get approved for it and I really needed it. I can understand not being able to get an off day during December since it's their busiest time of the year but anything else should be okay. Plus they get a major attitude if you call in sick. I tried to call in and the manager got an attitude and I showed up anyway sick and then they got mad since a customer complained about me sneezing, coughing and talking funny because of my sore throat and said "Why didn't you just call in?" Um..I tried to! The attendance policy is kind of strict as well.

OK as part-time job while in college

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

I worked in electronics so I knew the entire department very well. Technology is something I am involved in in my personal life. Younger college kids that worked there as well were very easy to get along with and made it enjoyable to work there.

Cons

Not the best pay, management, or flexibility. Some supervisors can be very difficult to work with.

Get to know your associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart