There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Good career

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Experiance, scale, people, stability, diversity

Cons

Complex systems, hours, benefits, compensation

8400 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Entered as a manager and received two promotions to director in two years

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

There are a lot of ebbs and flows within Walmart. I was lucky enough to land in a area where there was a lot of flow and opportunity to impact the business. I see other areas where I would not have had the opportunities.

Cons

The focus on cost containment can create a culture shock for employees and their families. I came from a Fortune 100 company. My wife was shocked at the lack of company activities which involve the families of employees. It's been a little disappointing for her.

Loosen the purse strings when it comes to providing benefits to corporate employees.

Happy Long-term associate

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I work with people who care about you and your family. Stable employment. You work hard and do your job, they take care of you. They work very hard to make sure their associates are engaged and they care about what the associates think. Good benefits overall. Gives a lot to the community.

Cons

Health benefits are competitive but can be better. Pay not the best but competitive. Stock price has been doing better last few years, but has stayed in a fixed range for a long time...

Make sure we take care of our customers first, everything else will follow. Should work harder to motivate associates to take care of customers (customer service should be #1).

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart