Bitter

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Madison, NC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Madison, NC

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have a lot of chances to move up in the company, you can be trained for any position.

Cons

It all comes down to how much management cares about their employees.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what's going on with the people under you. I was fired, not told why, and then two weeks later had a cashier I didn't KNOW tell my MOTHER why I was fired. (Called in to stay home with my sick infant.) It's inappropriate and rude.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I am very upset with them for what happened...

Former Employee - Cashier, Csm, Service Desk, Money Center, Hba Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the co-workers/friends, meeting interesting ppl

Cons

If you do not have the same ideas and views as some of the managers, and if you speak your mind, they will make sure you are out.

Advice to Management

Stop believing the assistants all the time because believe it or not they lie to get what they want

2. 3rd store worked, terrible management

Former Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The 1st and 3rd Walmart I worked for had no good things about them. The 2nd Walmart I worked for was amazing in Killeen,TX. Great management, great employees, everything ran smooth and was done on time.

Cons

Poor treatment of almost all employees below management level. Low pay, mostly poor management in 2/3 stores I worked at and most Walmart's I've visited. High theft with not enough Asset Protection associates and elderly people "watching" doors. Which doesn't impose any kind of security image for Walmart in deterring theft for any of the stores.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, place employees in departments where they will excel if current position isn't working out. Don't just fire them because they aren't the best where they are at currently. Show employee appreciation everyday. Pay employees more, especially unloaders.