From a Former Associate

Former Employee - Store Management  in  Branson, MO
Former Employee - Store Management in Branson, MO

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Undoubtedly, the people/associates who work in the stores are truly the heart of this company. Having worked in nearly a dozen different stores, it was always the associates that kept me going back to work each day.

Cons

Lack of commitment of upper echelon management to the associates. Though salary is a major concern for most in today's economy, most would also take less if they received more fair and consistent treatment from management.

Get off your high horse...if you came up through the ranks, remember where you came from and who really got you there....stop believing in your own ego, and remember that the people who got you where you are today, are not any less by virtue of your position...

Other Reviews for Walmart

Really great!

Current Employee - Electronics Associate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Electronics Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Walmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and environment in my area. Very laid back with my manager which is always great to have. Most of the customers are great as well.

Cons

The pay could be a lot better but I just started so I am hoping it will increase as time goes on. But other than that I have no cons right now as I just started.

Be stern yet fair with your staff.

I'm currently a Support Manager and work the overnight shift. I enjoy my job, and the interaction with all associates

Current Employee - Support Manager  in  Sullivan, MO
    Current Employee - Support Manager in Sullivan, MO

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to advance if you wish.

Cons

Some days it seems like you may never get ahead, but if you stay on task, things work out

Perhaps take some more in depth look into how much freight is sent on any given day. Some days multiple cases of the same item just do not make sense when trucks arrive every day in most stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!