There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

From a Former Associate

Former Employee - Store Management in Branson, MO
Former Employee - Store Management in Branson, MO

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Undoubtedly, the people/associates who work in the stores are truly the heart of this company. Having worked in nearly a dozen different stores, it was always the associates that kept me going back to work each day.

Cons

Lack of commitment of upper echelon management to the associates. Though salary is a major concern for most in today's economy, most would also take less if they received more fair and consistent treatment from management.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse...if you came up through the ranks, remember where you came from and who really got you there....stop believing in your own ego, and remember that the people who got you where you are today, are not any less by virtue of your position...

reviews filtered by
  1. Many Ups and Downs

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, employee discount, ability to transfer to other facilities due to the large number of stores operating.

Cons

Far too much favoritism, no real concern for associates well being and private lives. Although I understand that it is a business, management does not seem to care too much if an associate is going through a hard time. I've seen many co-workers reprimanded for missing work due to a family emergency.

Advice to Management

Be fair to everyone all across the board, recognize associates for a job well done, speak to people with respect, allow people the opportunity to gain full time status if they ask for it.

2. Really great!

Current Employee - Electronics Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Electronics Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Walmart full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and environment in my area. Very laid back with my manager which is always great to have. Most of the customers are great as well.

Cons

The pay could be a lot better but I just started so I am hoping it will increase as time goes on. But other than that I have no cons right now as I just started.

Advice to Management

Be stern yet fair with your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart