Walmart was a good environment place to shop.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Customer Service in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Walmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved the wonderful people that i would meet.

Cons

At Walmart i really didn't like the late hours that i had to work and they wasn't big on personal days.

Some CSM were lacking off, so strict rules.

Other Reviews for Walmart

Walmart is not THAT bad

Current Employee - Inventory Associate  in  Gallipolis, OH
    Current Employee - Inventory Associate in Gallipolis, OH

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Most employees I see seem happy. The stores frequently contribute to the community. Management does small things every now and then to promote moral. advancement opportunities can be rapid. Many different job titles to move into if you find yours is not what you want or expected.

Cons

As with any other store, management plays a huge roll in how enjoyable and productive you can be. You may be asked to stay over your scheduled time only to have to clock in late the next work day as to avoid overtime. Assistant/Co Management, more often then not (I've Found,) have little to zero experience in your particular area of operations, making communication hard/impossible resulting in being ordered to sometimes perform operations that cause slowing/halting productivity, despite input.

Require more experience for advancement. Periodic one on one interviews between regional management and hourly associates to provide input on to a higher level which may have solutions to problems that are ignored or covered up by store managers. Do not allow associates to "cut" time or clock in late to avoid overtime, prompting management to stay more focused on associate productivity to avoid overtime in a positive way rather than to simply "work and hour over, come in an hour late." Though my experiences are from a single store, I can not imagine this being the case for just this store alone.

Walmart

Current Employee - Connection Center  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Connection Center in Austin, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

you are guaranteed a paycheck

Cons

The work is not evenly divided. The hard workers get in trouble more than the ones not working at all. They play favorites a lot.

Treat your employees that actually work better and stop hiring children with no work ethic.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!