There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

save more pay less

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager  in  Schererville, IN
Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Schererville, IN

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits for the most part. Even though the benefits take a lot of your pay they are very good. the employees are , for the most part, great to work with and help make the job easy to go to everyday. Most do a great job with customer service and there are lifelong friendships developed.

Cons

low wages even for the employees that work their hardest. Most employees still have to use federal assistance to survive and no one seems to care. Many employees steal to subsidize the pay they receive.I do not condone theft but survival comes first. No one in corporate has that problem. Without lower level employs, could they make the hundreds of billions in their bank accounts.

take time to get to know your employees and pay them more of an increase based upon performance. .40 to .70 cents a year is ridiculous for a company of this magnitude. Thank your employees with more than a minimal bonus. Pay your employees a little more wages.

7999 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Not a career path I would recommend.

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

Not many pros, here. 10% discount, medical, dental, and vision (finally) benefits depending on your status. Meeting new friends.

Cons

Have a whole lot, but I'll keep it short. Starting pay sucks, pay caps, say they are a family oriented company, but not the case, part time people have to work a minimum of 30 hours to qualify for benefits, thus only working them just under that amount of hours.

Pay a living wage, eliminate pay caps,

csm

Current Employee - CSM  in  Rockwood, TN
    Current Employee - CSM in Rockwood, TN

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

we have pretty good insurance for part time workers working with friendly people in the public and also co workers

Cons

we have to work all holidays except christmas they need to hire more people some associates are doing the jobs of 5 and 6 people

hire more people

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!