There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Not a career path I would recommend.

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

Not many pros, here. 10% discount, medical, dental, and vision (finally) benefits depending on your status. Meeting new friends.

Cons

Have a whole lot, but I'll keep it short. Starting pay sucks, pay caps, say they are a family oriented company, but not the case, part time people have to work a minimum of 30 hours to qualify for benefits, thus only working them just under that amount of hours.

Pay a living wage, eliminate pay caps,

8064 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Walmart is very serious about policies

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier  in  Eagle River, AK
    Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Eagle River, AK

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

easy job if you know anything about working a cash register, you meet some neat people.

Cons

rude management, did not care about employees, also your feet hurt so bad when you have to stand on them the whole shift.

treat your lower level employees with respect, some of those people are in college pursuing a higher education and could one day be your boss..

Company ethics and morals are gone, 9 year former employee

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Newburgh, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Newburgh, NY

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

At first it was a very enjoyable and fast paced work environment. Your co workers within your department(s) will always work with you and are very flexible.

Cons

WORK LOAD!!!!!!! Unrealistic expectations, always playing catch up from the overnight stockers laziness and failures, constant hour reductions for all departments, no team work, no job security, turn over is tremendous, store managers are usually unethical and will not stand behind you, this list could be forever. I will put this out there I left on my own, never had any disciplinary action and was promoted so there's no hard feelings. It's just a horrible company to work for if you want work/life balance and your own sanity steer clear!

You need more hours for your stores! Greed is clearly running the company now and store conditions and company reputation has drastically taken a hit and nobody cares. Get ethics back into the company and stop preaching that they are there.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!