Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

This is a really relax atmosphere when everything is going well.

Former Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Columbia, SC
Former Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Columbia, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Relax atmosphere gives you time to handle other work duties.

Cons

The process of getting authorities to show up in time.

Be more helpfull

9965 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

It truly is what you make it.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are focus, driven, and hard working it is easy to work your way up the ladder. I myself received a raise and personal time after my 1st evaluation there. The managers are paid well. The benefits for full time employees are nice, and there are many community service opportunities. Also upon agreeing to be employed, you are notified that you are an at will employer. Many people complain about their lack of opportunity to be in a union, but you know what you are getting into when you are hired. We can also received quarterly bonuses. They help when you need a little more cash.

Cons

Even though it is easy to work your way up the ladder, it is too often that incompetent management is put into place. It's ok to exercise authority, but a good manager listens to those that are lower than them in the company. Also it tends to be understaffed so you may end up working multiple departments in one shift. It seems like managers are disposable to this company. They are often disciplined if not fired for low production in their department or zones, but many times they aren't allowed to hire the help that they need. Also they wait until last minute to post the schedule for the week of Thanksgiving.

It'd be nice if upper management communicated better with associates and lower management without us having to seek this information for ourselves. There are too many policies that change without our knowledge that can count against us.

I started off loving my job until I got used to the employees. None of them really take care of the responsibilities

Current Employee - Reclamation Associate in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Reclamation Associate in Hammond, IN

I have been working at Walmart full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Set Schedule
    Flexible schedule depending on position

Cons

Managers showed favoritism towards certain employees.

If you cared more about your employees maybe they would care more about their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart