There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Enjoyed the atmosphere, overall good people to work with

I worked at Walmart part-time

Pros

Really good solid place to gain experience and develop my skill set, would recommend the experience to anyone else. Felt like they really cared about me.

Cons

Worked long hours, being a recently married man it was difficult to balance family life and work life and hear it only gets worse and worse.

7999 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Stores built too big

Current Employee - Accounting  in  Monroe, LA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Monroe, LA

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for but based on who you know

Cons

Wal-Mart needs to concentrate on their existing stores and stores that were built too big for the community. Case point Bastrop Louisiana was built to too big and the freight load does not match the head count.

Advice to Home Office quit sending freight to stores that's not going to sell and have it sit in the back stock room to become deleted! Every store has very different needs and Home Office needs to look at the Front line store managers and listen to their input instead of having the District Manager dictate whats best because its not always correct! Everything looks good on paper but its not the reality that these stores are facing.

Caution

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Career opportunities, if willing to give up your life.

Cons

Work/Life balance is very poor. Just told that the level of commitment for my position is that I need to choose Walmart over God and my family. Asked to have a cake for our associates who worked New Years Eve or New Years Day......Store Manager said, "They don't deserve it." A Shift Manager agreed.

Treat your associates with more respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!