There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart, from a recruiter's perspective...

Former Employee - Senior Management Recruiter in Bentonville, AR
Former Employee - Senior Management Recruiter in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Walmart

Pros

to learn how to have a backbone, no better place or culture to work
learn it hard, learn it well
learn EVERY aspect of retail and how to work a VERY demanding job
you earn a lot of respect by working HARD, VERY HARD
Stay clean and stay VERY focused
Good ole-fashioned work ethic will take you far here
You, the individual, can absolutely affect retail, as a whole
NO OTHER work environment compares; once you do WM, you've pretty much done it and it's FABULOUS on one's resume
After WM, most other positions are CAKE!
Expect fast-paced, no frills, take action kind of people and environment... which is very surprising to people from big city or very structured corporate environments... ain't NOTHIN' fancy goin' on here... simply HARD work and tons of raw talent, along with ingenuity... capped with lots of frustration often times!

Cons

corporate politics DO exist
they can truly mistreat people so watch your back at all times
you'll work your BUTT OFF, every single day. So just expect it, do it, and learn from every situation
Complaining won't get you very far at WM home office; you're there to do a job

Stick to core moral ethics, which most of the WM's leaders do... but there are a few. Do the best to get those individuals OUT of the home office although I know from personal experience that there is little that one can do to affect that level of change. We all know who they are and it's disrespectful to allow them to continue with certain behaviors.

reviews filtered by
  1. very good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

offers better than avg. pay and benefits for retail, very good about time off and flexible, work with some real nice and talented people

Cons

large co. sometimes it takes to long to get the wheels turning over an issue, can not get to the person needed in a timely manner

give local management. more freedom to determine what type on mdse. they want to promote to match thier customers and areas of the country

2. Anything worth doing is worth doing.

Current Employee - Produce Department Manager in Urbana, OH
    Current Employee - Produce Department Manager in Urbana, OH

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Pay. Improving changes everyday. Doesn't get old. Moving within the company. The latest structrue is awesome. Love the new design. I am gay and have never ever felt discrimanted against. Within a year was working my way up to a deparment manager job.

Cons

Inconistent compliance accross the board, which with a huge company it is hard to control. If you can't accept change, this isn't the company for you.

Leadership at Walmart must begin with a Manager who is willing to listen and respond in a respectable tone. Walmart needs to work towards continuing to improve the way our buisness runs everyday.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart