There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Excellent provider of pharmacy services.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  McAllen, TX
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in McAllen, TX

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Walmart provided an exemplary look into pharmacy operations with up-to-date technology. It is constantly evolving and does not sacrifice its service to patients for efficiency.

Cons

Although there are many checks in place to catch dispensing errors, it would help the pharmacy team if staffing received a higher priority.

In my experience, it would be very beneficial to the staff if upper management did not change so much within a short period of time. We had many different district managers over the past two years, which can create challenges to meet the goals of the company in a consistent manner.

8170 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Walmart is pretty much like high school

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate/Cashier  in  Lumberton, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate/Cashier in Lumberton, NJ

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

customers are weird, so they provide interesting conversations and you learn a lot here. you learn just how hard you can work and still be poor. You learn that whether you have an education or not, walmart employers and customers still think you're a piece of the s word. you probably will make some good friends or too...that you'll lose contact with if you leave. But they have some decent raises and decent breaks. the benefits are decent. nothing is really great there, it is just a decent job.

Cons

Favoritism, so much of it. It doesn't matter how hard you work there if you get even a second of annoyance from a manager there expect them to walk all over you. They force you to work jobs above your pay grade and don't schedule you for it so you have no proof you worked it. Management does not back you up unless you are one of their favorites and they will throw you under the bus for things you have nothing to do with or if you did something they didn't like but still followed all policies and procedures.

get your head out of your own a*****. start paying attention to people outside of your own work social circle. be there for your employees like your open door policy says. listen to your employees. stop letting cliques determined managers when people work their a**** off for years for you guys and don't even get one thank you but still manage to smile and work just as hard every day.

Worst company I ever worked for.

Current Employee - Department Manager  in  Emporia, KS
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Emporia, KS

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the people I work with and many of the customers are great. They still pay me.

Cons

The upper management of my particular store are only concerned with their annual bonus. They largely do not care for the employees or customers. They cut hours back to the point where there's enormous pressure on everyone. Threats of being fired for missing impossible deadlines are often made.

For store management: consider making a decision that is good for the company, the customer or the employee.

For corporate: Look at your stores closer. Morale is dwindling quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!