There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Store Mgr. / District & Market Mgr.

Former Employee - Market Manager  in  Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Market Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They promote within based on work performances as well as job and People Skills. I started out as a Stock Clerk and through hard work and dedication was promoted to Dept. Mgr., to Asst Mgr., to Store Mgr., to District Mgr. and then to Market Mgr.

Cons

Works hours are normally 48-52 per week. A lot of time is spent with irate associates and Customers. Upper Mgmt. at times, have no idea, how hard the associates work to make their Store successful, and I feel they should be making a higher pay-check.

Never forget the Hourly Associates as they are the ones who makes This Company successful. Continue to promote within, vs. bringing New Mgmt. in from other Companies.

8092 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

poor treatment

Former Employee - Associate  in  Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Associate in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

no pros about this job

Cons

poor management, conditions, and benefits

be more competent

No room for growth.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The other employees are very friendly, they create a family-like environment and make each day tolerable.

Cons

Give part time pay for 40 hour weeks. Everyone gets a review of average or below, regardless of performance. No in store internship for college students (like me) who are looking to work in a corporate environment. Do not offer educational leave of absence. Expect you to train in multiple areas without pay increase. Under schedule the front end and place unnecessary hiring freezes. Expect you to surrender your life and offer nothing in return.

Create an internship program outside of the corporate Arkansas office. Listen to the ideas of your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!