Store Mgr. / District & Market Mgr.

Former Employee - Market Manager  in  Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Market Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They promote within based on work performances as well as job and People Skills. I started out as a Stock Clerk and through hard work and dedication was promoted to Dept. Mgr., to Asst Mgr., to Store Mgr., to District Mgr. and then to Market Mgr.

Cons

Works hours are normally 48-52 per week. A lot of time is spent with irate associates and Customers. Upper Mgmt. at times, have no idea, how hard the associates work to make their Store successful, and I feel they should be making a higher pay-check.

Never forget the Hourly Associates as they are the ones who makes This Company successful. Continue to promote within, vs. bringing New Mgmt. in from other Companies.

Other Reviews for Walmart

poor treatment

Former Employee - Associate  in  Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Associate in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

no pros about this job

Cons

poor management, conditions, and benefits

be more competent

I made some good friends and I really did like working for them

Former Employee - DSD/Receiving  in  Hammonton, NJ
    Former Employee - DSD/Receiving in Hammonton, NJ

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started as a cashier and was asked to move to receiving.I got a fair raise at all my evals.Health coverage was ok,when an associate was in need of help they helped out.

Cons

The problem with Walmart when you are trained to do a job,they change policy and do not not put in writing.I followed policy did not accept anything from vendors,but was terminated for not physically holding a bag of chips as I scanned it in.They would rather rehire people who called out all the time and ones who stole from them.I was eligible for rehire in 3 months,I have still not been rehired,but they have rehired people in less than 3 months,people who were late every day.

The management should pay more attention to what emplyees as a whole are saying.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!