Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Walmart Culture has changed. Isn't what it used to be...

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bentonville, AR
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only positive about Walmart is it is such a large company there are always job opportunities.

Cons

I read both Soderquist and Sam Walton's books after accepting a management position at Walmart. The culture I encountered during the 3 years I was at Walmart in no way reflected the stories in either book. The culture has changed for the worse...lots of MBAs from Ivy League schools have been brought in to high level management and they completely disregard the Culture that Soderquist and Sam worked hard to create.

Get back to your roots. Get back to helping hourly associates and lower level management instead of finding ways to pay them less and work them harder.

9517 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Not paid enough

Current Employee - Frozen-Dairy Stocker
    Current Employee - Frozen-Dairy Stocker

I have been working at Walmart part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I don't think there are any. In fact most people I talk to are always trying to find something that pays more and treats employees better

Cons

The pay is too low for the amount of work that is expected of you. Difficult to get full time hours, so no benefits. Understaffed.

You get what you pay for...and there is a high turnover rate at Walmart

I would say that working at Wal-Mart has been a very dissatisfying experience,

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I work with a great bunch of associates.

Cons

Very poor communication. One manager may come to you and repeat instructions another manager has given you. Management does not spend time with associates to find out what is going out on the floor. Hours all over the spectrum. They tend to cut your holiday pay by cutting your hours.

Talk to your employees. As Mr. Sam said the associate is the one who knows what makes the customer happy.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart