There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

I only worked there for a short time and I never had any bad experiences.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay started at $7.65/per hour depending on which department you were in. I started off in the Garden Center (which was seriously boring) and was able to be switched to the bakery (which was way better). I think no matter which part of the store you work in, you''ll gain some useful skills. The pay went up by $0.20 with the position change. There was about a 15 minute grace period before you were counted late, which was convenient. I asked for more hours one week and was able to go from about 28 hours to 40 hours just for asking after only being there about one month.

Cons

They make all available employees organize the shelves (I forget what it's called) at a certain time even if you do not work in that department. They make you call this number if you are going to be late, but it does not excuse your absence and the manager doesn't even check your confirmation number. In the department I worked in, the managers were only there about 8a-5p, so those were the only hours you could talk to them.

Advice to Management

Calm down with kicking people off of the clock for working overtime. For the amount of employes compared to the amount of money Walmart makes, I'm sure an hour or two of overtime for the few employees that work full-time would not cost too much extra money.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. I'd go back

Former Employee - Associate in Hutchinson, KS
    Former Employee - Associate in Hutchinson, KS

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge store with many opportunities to learn all facets of the retail business.

Cons

Does not pay great for associates.

Advice to Management

Remain flexible.

2. Decent

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Cape Girardeau, MO
    Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Cape Girardeau, MO

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, annual raises, and stability,

Cons

Little pay, repetitive work and not alot of room to move up.