There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Not s bad

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Good pay, 401k plan, Company stock, sick time, and vocation time all as a part time.

Cons

Always under staff, so work can be tough

Hire more people, and more goal oriented on daily base

8015 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Market Human Resources Manager

Former Employee - Market Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Market Human Resources Manager

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Provides opportunity and advancement, if you work hard and play the right politics. Salary and benefits are good for the position.

Cons

Long hours with very little recognition. Hard to make positive changes in such a large organization. Churn and burn environment for an HR professional. Many programs implemented in the field, that could be very good, but are implemented as a "check the box" and completed, and thus with little effectiveness.

It could have been better, basically typical.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay above minimum wage, something I miss. Your co-workers tend to be very nice and easy to relate to. You get a discount card after 90 days. You meet/see interesting people.

Cons

Not enough employees; Managers and especially CSM/CSS are stretched to the max. One time it took me 45 minutes to receive change for my drawer. So by that time customers were either getting too little or too much change back. Towards the end of my time there, managers wanted to keep cashiers tied to the register and only let off when they say it's okay. Most employees feel entitled. Don't get me wrong I enjoy helping people and yes it was my job to do so, but I'm not kissing anyone's @$$.

Also, as a cashier it is not my job to know about every single product in the store and how much it costs. You can call my manager all you want but you must seriously be crazy if you think I know about every product.

Basically this was my first experience ever working retail and I wish it hadn't been. It left such a sour taste in my mouth that just thinking about it makes me seriously angry all over.

Hire more employees, give us set schedules, pay the css/csm more because without them you wouldn't manage.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!