Not s bad

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Good pay, 401k plan, Company stock, sick time, and vocation time all as a part time.

Cons

Always under staff, so work can be tough

Hire more people, and more goal oriented on daily base

Other Reviews for Walmart

trouble getting promoted

Current Employee - Support Manager  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Support Manager in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

stable company and a lot of opportunities available. I like the fast pace and heavy customer service along with the down to earth customers and employees. Good policies and good employer intentions.

Cons

Human resources screens applicants and forwards qualified ones to store managers. Store managers often hire based upon referrals from other store managers. This is highly subjective and not based upon experience, education or performance.

Look at your protective classes. Many of us do not have friends in the same circles as our managers. Additionally, we may be doing outstanding in the jobs we are currently in, so our store managers do not want to lose us.

It was an overall okay experience. I thought it would better because I love shopping at walmart, that wasn't the case.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Pineville, LA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pineville, LA

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros -- lets see, there aren't a lot of things that are good about working at this store.

Cons

You don't always get your breaks when you are suppose to.
    Walmart does not pay overtime, so if you have a line of customers after your clockout time you don't get paid for the minutes that it took you to finish that check out process.
    The computerized system that they have to assign who goes to what register is not at all helpful, it would constantly skip over people that needed breaks or would have you got a register that hasn't been opened in weeks.

Fix the computer assignment system and actually check your PDA things, cashiers are always needing your assistants, but ya'll never check those things.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!