There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Good company to work for if you are starting your working career."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are awarded a discount with the company. But, be careful... you will easily spend your check at the store.

Cons

They start you at minimum wage.

8458 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

not good was not happy working there

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redding, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Redding, CA

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the employee there are great to work with

Cons

do not like the management they are hard on the employee

Customer Service Manager

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was a cashier for 4 months before getting a promotion to CSM. I was very happy about this promotion.This was my first job, so getting promoted to the management team was exciting for me. As a CSM, you get to deal with many different kinds of people. There are some really amazing people out there. But...

Cons

As a Customer Service MANAGER, you get no respect. You are treated like a glorified Cashier. Our workload is well above that of a cashier. Just to give you an idea of what we do, we manage the cashiers, service desk associates, people greeters, and cart pushers. We are expected to complete and have uploaded by management 20 register audits per day. we have to make sure everyone that we manage gets their breaks on time, Keep ROP (Cashiers signed onto a register vs. cashiers scheduled) Even. Keep enough money in every register to be able to operate without giving them too much money. Easy enough, right? Wrong. This would be much easier if upper management wasn't constantly pulling all of your cashiers to do random odd jobs in the store. They then proceed to chew you out for ROP being under. Beyond that, if you can't give them a cashier to do the job, they expect you to do it on top of what you already have to do. Customers treat you like crap, because you are lower management. Upper management will completely override every decision you make.

Beyond this, there is a problem with the promotion system. I was interviewed for my promotion to CSM. I had to go through the whole process. We recently had an opening for the Front End ZMS (Zone Merchandising Supervisor). I was very optimistic about the chance at this position. I had the position set in my career preferences. When time came when the interviews should've been conducted, i didn't get an interview. Discouraged, i asked the other CSMs if they got an interview for the position. Nobody had been interviewed. The CSM that got the promotion had only been a CSM for 2 months. She does not know how the front end truly runs. There is a slight problem with that.

The pay is way under what it should be.

Have a shred of respect for your hourly associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart