There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Working in a different, eye-opening environment

Former Employee - Deli Clerk  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice workers, some management nice, but others condescending. I have never worked in this type of environment. I believe that if you have a positive attitude this can be a positive place to work. I also believe that if you don't say your piece you will continue on whatever road you are on.

Cons

overworked understaffed hire and schedule more workers so that the work load can be done in a reasonable amount of time. Teach the young workers to work hard and respect the customer and their co-workers.

hire more folks and keep on top of their job responsibilities. Make sure that each employee is doing their job instead of reprimanding folks for working extra hard. Definitely when hiring young people, put them with an older more experienced employee for training. and have the experienced employees train them positively and correctly.

8170 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

I Loved my job as Assistant Manager because of the Associates and Customers.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working directly with all Associates and taking the time to listen to their concerns. This included sharing the lunch/break room with them! I figured that I was no better and that I had much to learn. The Associates know the store and they are the life blood of the store.

Cons

As an Assistant Manager I worked with all Associates and tried to understand and assist them. Other Assistant Managers and top Managers just did not get it that in order to run a successful store it must be managed correctly from the inside starting with the Associates. Once you disconnect or lose the connection with the Associates, customer service will take a dive, letters to the President will increase etc... Top management was too busy trying to impress others rather than paying attention to the needs of the Associates within the store. As a result customers were overlooked. I prefer a store that managed correctly in that management listens and appreciates it's Associates and customers. Such a store may be less attractive but clean, by not always trying to impress the District Manager. Simply put if Top Management at a store is constantly trying to impress then it does not know how to manage the store from the inside and is wasting valuable hours and resources doing double the work.

Be proactive instead of "Coaching Associates to Death". Listen and ask questions and give the new kid on the block an honest chance, instead of using Co-Managers to do one thing while you sell another story.

My few years at walmart have been okay. Nothing special but nothing horrible either.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great groups of people work there. One stop shopping before going home is nice too.

Cons

The lack of understanding with time off is bad. So is being forced to work during all holidays and at back to school time.

Care a little more about your employees life outside of work.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!