Unethical, disrespect, poor flexibility

Former Employee - Maintenance  in  Aurora, IL
Former Employee - Maintenance in Aurora, IL

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meet really great people. Mindless work.

Cons

plenty of terrible people, low pay, insulting managers, etc. The managers are stupid, one assumed that her masters from APU actually meant something. I worked and went to school, they refused to allow me to have my schedule; so i filed an ethics complaint. It was then approved. Afterwards I found out I was barred from using the ethics line ever again. Literally, I could not access to the Ethics helpline . A company that promises ethics bars its employees? Turnover is insanely high around 150%. They spend more time training new employees than being productive. I half assed everything and no one noticed, because there is not enough managers or other employees working. More work with less people. Departments are empty and I was commanded to do things without any knowledge or training in that area. Unless you plan to stay for 10+ years do not expect any form of advancement.

Realize majority of your workers are going to school to improve. You are digging your own grave by cutting employee hours, since you are insulting your customers.

Other Reviews for Walmart

No room for growth.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The other employees are very friendly, they create a family-like environment and make each day tolerable.

Cons

Give part time pay for 40 hour weeks. Everyone gets a review of average or below, regardless of performance. No in store internship for college students (like me) who are looking to work in a corporate environment. Do not offer educational leave of absence. Expect you to train in multiple areas without pay increase. Under schedule the front end and place unnecessary hiring freezes. Expect you to surrender your life and offer nothing in return.

Create an internship program outside of the corporate Arkansas office. Listen to the ideas of your employees.

Walmart isn't a good company to work for. They want work like you make $20 an hour but only want to pay you minimum wage

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Garner, NC
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Garner, NC

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

The est thing about working at Walmart are some of the people you meet and a chance to help others.

Cons

Walmart wants their employees to do the work of two or more employees instead of hiring the accurate amount of employees. They have over 20 registers but never have more than 6 open at a time.

As a manager I would hire more people. I would also pay them a decent salary. This would cut down on employee turn-over and increase moral.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!