Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Unethical, disrespect, poor flexibility

Former Employee - Maintenance in Aurora, IL
Former Employee - Maintenance in Aurora, IL

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meet really great people. Mindless work.

Cons

plenty of terrible people, low pay, insulting managers, etc. The managers are stupid, one assumed that her masters from APU actually meant something. I worked and went to school, they refused to allow me to have my schedule; so i filed an ethics complaint. It was then approved. Afterwards I found out I was barred from using the ethics line ever again. Literally, I could not access to the Ethics helpline . A company that promises ethics bars its employees? Turnover is insanely high around 150%. They spend more time training new employees than being productive. I half assed everything and no one noticed, because there is not enough managers or other employees working. More work with less people. Departments are empty and I was commanded to do things without any knowledge or training in that area. Unless you plan to stay for 10+ years do not expect any form of advancement.

Realize majority of your workers are going to school to improve. You are digging your own grave by cutting employee hours, since you are insulting your customers.

9025 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

No room for growth.

Current Employee - Cashier in Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The other employees are very friendly, they create a family-like environment and make each day tolerable.

Cons

Give part time pay for 40 hour weeks. Everyone gets a review of average or below, regardless of performance. No in store internship for college students (like me) who are looking to work in a corporate environment. Do not offer educational leave of absence. Expect you to train in multiple areas without pay increase. Under schedule the front end and place unnecessary hiring freezes. Expect you to surrender your life and offer nothing in return.

Create an internship program outside of the corporate Arkansas office. Listen to the ideas of your employees.

Terrible place to work at

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No pros for working at walmart besides maybe an occasional hot chick that you will find at other places

Cons

Micro Mananging bosses
    Extremly low pay
    Incosistant hours
    Incomptant managers
    Harassment
    Low class customers
    Low class workers
    A place where a bunch of losers work and shop and if your not a loser will attempt to drag you down with them and if they don't succeed they gang up against you
    Full of drama
    Full of pregnant or teen moms
    Everybody there smokes
    Everybody there(workers and customers) are on welfare
    Just stay away!
    As a manager at the store I was only paid ten an hour and that was after working there for three and a half years

Stop Micro managing workers