There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Unethical, disrespect, poor flexibility

Former Employee - Maintenance in Aurora, IL
Former Employee - Maintenance in Aurora, IL

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meet really great people. Mindless work.

Cons

plenty of terrible people, low pay, insulting managers, etc. The managers are stupid, one assumed that her masters from APU actually meant something. I worked and went to school, they refused to allow me to have my schedule; so i filed an ethics complaint. It was then approved. Afterwards I found out I was barred from using the ethics line ever again. Literally, I could not access to the Ethics helpline . A company that promises ethics bars its employees? Turnover is insanely high around 150%. They spend more time training new employees than being productive. I half assed everything and no one noticed, because there is not enough managers or other employees working. More work with less people. Departments are empty and I was commanded to do things without any knowledge or training in that area. Unless you plan to stay for 10+ years do not expect any form of advancement.

Realize majority of your workers are going to school to improve. You are digging your own grave by cutting employee hours, since you are insulting your customers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, NH

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sales associates friendly and fun to work with I looked forward to going to work

Cons

Poor pay, poor benefits, constantly changing hours, no full time positions

2. Wal-Mart, The Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, People, Growth potential as long as you are willing to play the game and understand what position you play.

Cons

Values profit over quality and service. Expects excessive amounts of work from one individual on jobs that once required separate leadership. Project management and completion is non existent because of limit resources and people. Downsizing has lead to poor management and decrease in customer satisfaction.

Share more a be more accountable for

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart