Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Prepare for a hostile work environment.

Former Employee - Receiving Associate  in  Paintsville, KY
Former Employee - Receiving Associate in Paintsville, KY

Pros

The benefits and bonuses make up for the somewhat hostile environment created by management, in an employee versus employee competition.

Cons

Managements tends to pit employees against each other in a constant competition over who "tattles" and brown noses the most.

It would behoove you to treat employees more equally and ignore your human instinct to gravitate toward those who share you with praise and complaints about other employees.

Other reviews for Walmart

these hours suck

Former Employee - Order Filler  in  Rock Falls, IL
    Former Employee - Order Filler in Rock Falls, IL

Pros

money is decent and if your good at it you can tranfer with ease.

Cons

hours are impossible and turnover is high so hours are much longer than expected. and the work is really tough. i lost fifteen punds in just a couple months.

lower the fill rate

Working at Wal-Mart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Pros

Wal-Mart is a place where you can make a lot of friends if you have the right personality. My work sends me home everyday with a sense of accomplisment. I am never doing the same thing from day to day. I really look forward to going to work. Its a great place to work.

Cons

The salaries are a joke. With the amount of money that Wal-Mart makes it could pay much better wages instead of giving lame excuses not to pay us a decent wage such as their pay scale is in line with other retailors. That would be fine if their profits fell into that range also. We recently received a $37 bonus. That, my friend, is ABSURD!!!!! That should NEVER happen. I feel VERY VERY expendable at Wal-Mart. Your rank matters very little on whether you can be EASILY replaced.

If I were to offer advice to Mangement it would simply be this...Keep making those major dollars. I don't hate "the player", I hate "the game". Managers at Wal-Marts are only very slightly less expendable than the rest of us so I don't have a problem with a fellow soldier making more money than me. However its those people who can't be fired that I have a problem with. The ones who decide how much money we get paid. Oh yeah, and Management might want to know that most of us could do YOUR job and our own in the same day. You don't seem to know that.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!