There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Great growing company with lots of job opportunities for those prepared.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities for growth both on your personal development and your career.

Cons

Your experience may very based upon your immediate supervisor. Not everyone "gets it".

reviews filtered by
  1. Fun,fun,fun

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Most of our associates are very friendly.Most of the managers are fair.

Cons

To much for one person to do in a day

Sometimes the time management does not work.In order to give good customer service we need to help the customer.We constantly get asked questions in which we need to stop what we are doing and assist sometimes we help 45-50 customers in a day ..

2. Great culture

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Respect, freedom to express opinion, many opportunities to develop skills and educate, great benefits, discounts, stocks, 401k, . You can grow in the ranks if you are committed and have good manager. Supporting the community.

Cons

Salary is below the average, Management is considering the incentive as part of your annual payment even if there might be partial to no incentive. The organization is oriented to savings which is the primary driver for growth but often hurts the employees first. The decisions are taken with with retail in mind and IT department is manipulated by merchants which is not giving the best results. Keeping up with the technology is very slow process because of the tight budgets. Lot of bureaucracy. lots of contractors which are doing fast but questionable job.

Separate IT from the business as you did with the Web department. The results are evident.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart