Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Don't work at walmart

Current Employee - Jewelry Sales Associate
Current Employee - Jewelry Sales Associate

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

can be fast paced at times

Cons

never work with your schedule

9489 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Ok

I worked at Walmart part-time

Pros

Some management care about what you have say.

Cons

Poor pay...no one can live on their salary.

Listen to the front line.

Mostly friendly and amazing management, lazy co-workers, hard work, low pay.

Current Employee - Frozen and Dairy Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Frozen and Dairy Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

+Accepted me with little to no experience and crappy interview
    +Management was almost always friendly
    +Crazy rewards for safety free months (free steak and potatoes lunch, free sandwiches lunch, free desserts, etc.)
    +Wii bowling tournaments, along with wii set up always
    +Many hard working managers who did their fair share of work
    +Fine first job to get some experience and get some great references for other jobs

Cons

-No health insurance
    -Not enough hours
    -Basically minimum wage pay
    -Fake "standard" pay based on position (someone of the same job status and same work experience as me started with a higher wage. Not sure if it was because they felt they could get away with it or because I was female and they were not, but it hurt to find out later regardless)
    -Lazy co-workers will basically never be fired( Not motivating to work your butt off while others can take hour long breaks getting high in their car, or sleeping in the pallet racks and caught repeatedly.)
    -Many barriers to getting raises quickly for performance (My managers and the head specifically called me in their offices to congratulate and reward me for being so dedicated and hard working, many wanted to raise my pay after hiring me, but said the company took away the policy to give bonus raises to those who deserve it and had restricted time frames before they could give raises)

It's great to understand people have rough and tired days, but do not let lazy people get away with slacking off, it is highly demotivating.
    Don't keep secrets from employees about starting pay, under pay individuals for their work, and require everyone to keep their pay a secret. It seems fishy enough to require employees to not talk about their pay. When we do, we discover awful things; it wouldn't be a problem if you just paid fairly in the first place.
    Keep hiring managers that can not only communicate professionally (not all can), but also who are willing to work just as hard as their subordinates. People want leaders they can trust and feel deserve the position they have.
    Lastly, those who make crazy amounts of money on top who will never read this, have some morals. It's ridiculous to make so much money, and expect your company, a home away from home (whether it is a good one or not), to have respect for you, and themselves with how poorly you treat them.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart