It's big time retail

Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT
Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It gives you a taste of what retail is like and gives you experience. The pay was decent, but for as much work as you have to do, it probably should have been more, it was decent though. My co-workers were extremely nice and helpful though.

Cons

It didn't pay as much as it should have for as much work as there was to be done and I was part time working barely under 40 hours a week. I usually worked anywhere from 33 to 38 hours a week while 40 is full time. So I was barely under full time just without the benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, please. Bottom level employees' attitudes would be much better with better wages, and generally we are the first and last faces customers see at the store. We are the face of the store.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Management

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management pay is great, 401k stock purchase and bonuses. 10 week training program teaches you an incredible amount.

Cons

Schedule is ridiculous. You work either a 3 on 3 off or 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift rotation, depending on if you're days or nights, which sounds great, except you are salary so you work most of your days off and usually 15 to 16 hours per shift. Not a company to work for if you have a family.

2. Good company to grow with

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Walmart as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow with the company if you are willing to dedicate yourself 100%. Great people to work with.

Cons

Hours for a salaried manager vary depending on store from 12 to 12.5 hours and follow a rotation of three or four days on three or two days off although this will soon change to longer rotation with shorter days.

Advice to Management

Stop controlling the payroll so tightly. Stress is high and eventually workers burn out.