It's big time retail

Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT
Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It gives you a taste of what retail is like and gives you experience. The pay was decent, but for as much work as you have to do, it probably should have been more, it was decent though. My co-workers were extremely nice and helpful though.

Cons

It didn't pay as much as it should have for as much work as there was to be done and I was part time working barely under 40 hours a week. I usually worked anywhere from 33 to 38 hours a week while 40 is full time. So I was barely under full time just without the benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, please. Bottom level employees' attitudes would be much better with better wages, and generally we are the first and last faces customers see at the store. We are the face of the store.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

Management

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management pay is great, 401k stock purchase and bonuses. 10 week training program teaches you an incredible amount.

Cons

Schedule is ridiculous. You work either a 3 on 3 off or 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift rotation, depending on if you're days or nights, which sounds great, except you are salary so you work most of your days off and usually 15 to 16 hours per shift. Not a company to work for if you have a family.

2. Work hard, to no avail

Former Employee - Seasonal Worker in Tracy, CA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Worker in Tracy, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty much instantly got the job and the interview was easy as well as getting everything processed. They offered full time positions as the store was expanding to a super center.

Cons

You work your butt off trying to prove yourself and its all just butt kissing and brown nosing, even though I didn't get hired on, they kept lazy, hardly can finish the job right workers that just kissed up and hung out with the temporary supervisors for that period of time.

Advice to Management

Hire people that actually try and do above and beyond what they are asked.