Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Wal-Mart is immense and diverse, and everyone has a place within its structure; know your management.

Tax Accountant (Former Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsWal-Mart provides an excellent array and opportunity for almost everyone; especially those just beginning from college, and definitely any High School graduates who chose to stop their institutional education at that level. Hourly employees receive cash bonuses based on merit up to 3.2% of the amount earned in a year; while Salaried positions receive annually 20% bonuses and can be higher as they advance. Many of the associates work in close quarters, which can be a benefit in the form of learning relationships for team members, opportunity to grow through mentor/mentee relationships, and open-door policies relating to fair & equal treatment.

ConsAs with many large-scale corporate environments, some individuals within management can be incompetent, biased, simply not the type of person that you work well with. My advice is to interview your senior management as much as they interview you. Be aware of those around you and possible negative interactions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more active with the direct reports and their "career pathing" and opportunities within the company. Help associates achieve their goals and those of the departments. Prepare associates for success in other areas within the company. Speak highly of capable individuals and "promote" them to everyone in the company. Be proactive to stop "bad habits" early. Always be honest with your associates and coach them to grow with Wal-Mart. Recognize individuals who excel and strive for excellence.

Come work for Wal-Mart - it's a great place and yes it IS possible to live with only income.

Hourly Associate (Current Employee) Poulsbo, WA

I have been working at Walmart

Pros: It is a great place to start employment. Wages are competitive if not above competitive if you are new or fairly new to the work… Cons: If you were hired prior to 2007, wages do not compensate for the raise in cost of living. People who have been hired subsequently will… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your associates. There are those petty whiners and then there are those who have reasonable concerns that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

WHAT HAPPENED TO WAL-MART???!!

Wal-Mart Associate (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Walmart

Pros: When all else fails, and Wal-Mart is your ONLY choice. I am older now, and jobs are harder to come by, but I wanted… Cons: Schedules that are different every day....keeps you physically drained. Closing late at night and having to come in early the next morning. Never enough help… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your associates. Treat them WITH RESPECT. There are two Assistant Managers at my store that I will not go to for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!