There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Advancement Available for those who make the most of it

Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist  in  Williamston, NC
Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Williamston, NC

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Guaranteed annual raise (albeit small) id job performance is good. Its fairly easy to move to different positions. And advancement is very possible for those who are determined and willing to put in work. Somewhat flexible scheduling and the work environment for the most is fun and interesting. Quarterly bonuses if your store performs well, which is largely in part of the associates.

Cons

The pay could better, and the expectations at times are unrealistic. Also, there is often lots of "red tape" and technicalities (often not working in your favor) when attempting to move up and settle disputes. You often have to deal with a lot of unfair pressure from management because of the pressure put on them from their managers.

I think job expectations and responsibilities could be more clearly defined, opportunities could be made more readily public to associates, and simply put, the benefits are abysmal.

8092 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

It's a great place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Offering competitive pay. Career opportunities and being to advance within. Great benefits offered including 401k matching and stock purchase opportunities.

Cons

Retail hours working holidays and evenings. As managers having to rotate working 3rd shift rotations. Communication as a whole throughout each store.

Not having multiple managers giving different directions.

Walmart

I worked at Walmart

Pros

I had the ability to alter my shift times,I had a good working relationship with my superiors. Most of the staff that I worked with were pleasant. I would work there again.

Cons

I worked mostly second shift.

I have no complaints about the management, training, or work life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!