Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Advancement Available for those who make the most of it

Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Williamston, NC
Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Williamston, NC

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Guaranteed annual raise (albeit small) id job performance is good. Its fairly easy to move to different positions. And advancement is very possible for those who are determined and willing to put in work. Somewhat flexible scheduling and the work environment for the most is fun and interesting. Quarterly bonuses if your store performs well, which is largely in part of the associates.

Cons

The pay could better, and the expectations at times are unrealistic. Also, there is often lots of "red tape" and technicalities (often not working in your favor) when attempting to move up and settle disputes. You often have to deal with a lot of unfair pressure from management because of the pressure put on them from their managers.

I think job expectations and responsibilities could be more clearly defined, opportunities could be made more readily public to associates, and simply put, the benefits are abysmal.

8999 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Stockman and Cart Pusher Review

Former Employee - Stockman in Poway, CA
    Former Employee - Stockman in Poway, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Customer Service Experience is a major pro; however, if you tell future interviewers that you pushed carts at Walmart, they may look down on you. Focus more on your experience doing carry outs and helping the elderly. Tell them that your number one job was customer assistance.

-Very understanding if you need a sick day, but perhaps that is because they don't want your to contaminate their employees and cause more to be spent on medical.

-Strong sense of community with other stockman in a similar position as yourself

-Management is very nice if you don't talk back, so they may pull you to do specialty assignments. This is a blessing in disguise. They taught me how to bin merchandise and work site to store, which is valuable experience.

-It's actually really nice to help the elderly and disabled. I loved this part of the job.

Cons

-Dead End: Almost no opportunity to move up within the company and no one in the store really trusts a Stockman to do anything other than push carts.

-Assumption by other employees that you are mentally slow, just because it is a position they allow mentally slow people to occupy.

It's very hard for someone successfully going through College curriculum, to be treated as if they are mentally retarded. Treat each individually differently. I am a computer science major and wasn't even qualified within the company to fix a monitor with the incorrect resolution. But this is mostly my pride speaking.

I recommend a more fluid definition between job boundaries.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lithonia, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lithonia, GA

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

WalMart pays employee's for working on holidays

Cons

The hours at WalMart are limited

None