There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Advancement Available for those who make the most of it

Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Williamston, NC
Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Williamston, NC

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Guaranteed annual raise (albeit small) id job performance is good. Its fairly easy to move to different positions. And advancement is very possible for those who are determined and willing to put in work. Somewhat flexible scheduling and the work environment for the most is fun and interesting. Quarterly bonuses if your store performs well, which is largely in part of the associates.

Cons

The pay could better, and the expectations at times are unrealistic. Also, there is often lots of "red tape" and technicalities (often not working in your favor) when attempting to move up and settle disputes. You often have to deal with a lot of unfair pressure from management because of the pressure put on them from their managers.

Advice to Management

I think job expectations and responsibilities could be more clearly defined, opportunities could be made more readily public to associates, and simply put, the benefits are abysmal.

reviews filtered by
  1. My experience was not the best.

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker & Everything Else Outside of My Job Code in North Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good part-time job for a youngster under 18 to start out in the work-force. Make sure to get out though.

Cons

Values were not upheld, customers were disrespected daily by management, not to mention how management treated my former co-workers and myself

Advice to Management

"Managers" need more training.. Corporate needs to be more involved and pay keen attention to the blatant and blunt disrespect assistant managers show towards customers and other employees. Be more involved with who receives promotions it's scary... associates barely getting paid to do their jobs, while training "managers" for free.. Very scary

2. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lithonia, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lithonia, GA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WalMart pays employee's for working on holidays

Cons

The hours at WalMart are limited

Advice to Management

None