Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

My experience was awesome. It was full of fun, learning and challenges with some very special customers/co-workers

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone loves shopping at Walmart so there is always people coming in and going out. You get to meet new people and help in making their day by showing them you appreciate their business. Giving them good customer service and making them want to come back and shop with you often. You have the opportunity to advance in the company and also build strong bonds within the store and sometimes long lasting friendships.

Cons

Didn't enforce good training. When I first started I hated it because the main ones that were supposed to help were the most discriminating and unwilling.

Better screening during hiring, not just picking people because you need to fill space or because they look good. People that care about providing excellent Customer Service and are genuine about it.

10050 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

It was an ok job.

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Lebanon, OH
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Lebanon, OH

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was close to home.

Cons

Hours varied and pay not great.

Great opportunities

Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Goddard, KS
    Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Goddard, KS

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My managers, zone and assistant, are very kind and professional. They work with you when you have a schedule change request and are open to suggestions to make Walmart better. I like my job, my coworkers and managers create a fun, but professional environment. I feel like I have an excellent chance to move up in the company.

Cons

Being professional and polite to customers who are very challenging. They may be having a bad day, so I don't take it personally. Getting our jobs done is difficult because there are not enough workers to get it done. We are constantly getting pulled from our jobs to help in grocery and the check outs.

Hire enough people to get the job done. My departments would be a lot neater, well zoned and well stocked if we had enough people to help all over the store. To hire and retain quality workers you may need to raise the pay. We cannot find anyone to fill a spot in the apparel department. Our personnel coordinator says the last good one that applied, failed her drug test. The others seem to not have any work ethics. Turnover costs money, is it really cheaper than paying good employees a good wage, thus attracting more good employees?

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart