There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

My experience was awesome. It was full of fun, learning and challenges with some very special customers/co-workers

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone loves shopping at Walmart so there is always people coming in and going out. You get to meet new people and help in making their day by showing them you appreciate their business. Giving them good customer service and making them want to come back and shop with you often. You have the opportunity to advance in the company and also build strong bonds within the store and sometimes long lasting friendships.

Cons

Didn't enforce good training. When I first started I hated it because the main ones that were supposed to help were the most discriminating and unwilling.

Better screening during hiring, not just picking people because you need to fill space or because they look good. People that care about providing excellent Customer Service and are genuine about it.

8400 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Crappy to employees.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sturgeon Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sturgeon Bay, WI

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have nothing good to say about them.

Cons

They refuse to accept doctor's excuses. I got fired for rolling my car ON MY WAY TO WORK.

Do not care for their employees.

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

By far the best reason to work at this retail store is the other employees. Even through all the hard times the company puts you through the employees are the reason I went to work every day.

Cons

The management does not care about the employees at all!! They frequently told the employees that if they weren't happy with their work conditions then they should quit because they were easily replaceable. This made the employees believe they weren't worth anything to the company.

Management should get their priorities straight. If the employees came to work and did not get treated like they are worthless then maybe they would have more respect for the company. This is why there is such a high turn over rate at these stores and so much theft. They employees do not care about the company at all!

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart