There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

one of the better jobs

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier  in  Fredericksburg, VA
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

benefits paid holidays great .great personal staff. customer service managers

Cons

hourly pay -hours management constant changing-inconsistency with policys

8170 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Frustrating

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was ok, but the hours assigned were too short to really live off of. Were nice people, for the most part, at the lower levels in the store. Opportunity does exist (if you persist) to advance and to move from department to department. Had a pretty good discount on electronics and some grocery items.

Cons

They were not honest in saying they work with you if you attend college. They got irritated if I would explain I had to be at school. Also, even though I worked through Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, I was basically given a so-so review. So, there's that. Also, would throw me in positions I was not properly trained to handle.

Better communication is going to benefit you in the long run.

Box pushing store.

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

the store I do work at is one of the first to implement a flexible schedule which allows you to create your own schedule weeks in advance based on all of the available shifts in your job position. Also it is Full time and there are a couple small perks with third party companys.

Cons

Number one would have to be the salaries. They are below any reasonable expectation for a hard working employee. I feel I can speak for anyone in the store level employee minus the upper management of course. They definitely don't offer pay rates based on experience.

Certain positions should only be full time otherwise your just asking for low productivity. In turn forcing employees that choose to be there to work even harder for a low rate of pay, creating low moral. When the common response to any problem that might face a employee at work is "Well, it is Wal-Mart"; all it does it create a forever ending loop of despair.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!