Walmart

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Frustrating

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was ok, but the hours assigned were too short to really live off of. Were nice people, for the most part, at the lower levels in the store. Opportunity does exist (if you persist) to advance and to move from department to department. Had a pretty good discount on electronics and some grocery items.

Cons

They were not honest in saying they work with you if you attend college. They got irritated if I would explain I had to be at school. Also, even though I worked through Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, I was basically given a so-so review. So, there's that. Also, would throw me in positions I was not properly trained to handle.

Better communication is going to benefit you in the long run.

9602 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Depends where you're coming from.

Current Employee - Asset Protection Manager
    Current Employee - Asset Protection Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great business and HR experience for people with no access to college and no career experience. They will learn how to hire, fire, promote, coach and evaluate in the right positions. Fun work environment if you have a soft spot for inanity all day and night.

Cons

Over - functionalized execution for the common associate; a step back for college grads with real experience.

Executive management needs to understand how difficult execution is at the store level with all the great ideas reconciled against the realities of time, energy and commitment from some stores' associates. Metro stores are extremely challenged for good workers committed to getting the job done, caring about shrink and safety and good customer service, leaving committed associates and managers frustrated when they get poor evaluations and no bonuses despite trying so very hard to do a great job. Change the evaluation process to appreciate genuine effort and recognize the difference between "development needed" and "assistance needed."

Wlamart

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

It is a nice clean place to work if you are yung or have a want to get some retail work experience.

Cons

The pay is obviously not the best and managers can be resistant to change. that in conjunction with no real health care options within our pay range makes for tough times

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart